Insight Medical Imaging is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging services with 17 clinics in the Edmonton region and Fort McMurray. Our 400+ staff strive each day to provide our patients with exceptional care, while fostering a welcoming and comfortable environment.
The Clinic Operations Manger position is responsible for overseeing all Site Leads and their clinics. This role reports to the VP Operations and is to focus efforts on ensuring a positive patient and employee journey. This position will have significant interaction with operations and modalities managing many of the clinical staff in a matrix reporting structure. The Clinic Operations Manager will oversee the process of staff development and performance management, have proven leadership skills, understand and lead the patient journey, and have the ability to mentor / develop patient experience throughout the Insight organization.
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the patient experience to ensure consistency and efficiency throughout the clinics.
- First escalation point of patient concerns.
- Participate in the recruitment process where needed.
- Drive site capacity and utilization.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring clinic budgets and efficiencies.
- Monitor the performance process for all Site Leads.
- Work with HR to develop and deliver training programs to enhance the patient journey.
- Define training requirements for Site Leads in management and leadership development.
- Develop and maintain KPI’s and reporting for clinic operations.
- Ensure consistent service delivery at the clinic level.
- Drive patient focused service delivery.
- Consult with VP Operations on equipment procurement.
- Ensure all procedure documentation is kept current and sufficient for regulatory purposes.
- Supervision and management of team members, including coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Approve budgeted expenses and continuing education.
- Lead performance management reviews including evaluations, goal setting, and staff development.
- Working with the modalities involved in the hiring of new staff, including preparing requests for new staff, interviewing and approving offer letters where required.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all support departments.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that align with our corporate brand.
- Additional Ad Hoc projects and assignments given by the VP Operations.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Excellent at developing rapport and building interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated and self-directed; can work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong judgement. Able to make decisions and consult when necessary.
- Experience in developing and coaching others to a higher level of success and accountability.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct root cause analysis on complex issues.
- Excellent change management and project management skills within complex environments.
- Ability to develop solution-based outcomes aligned with organizational strategic imperatives.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of all Federal and Provincial legislation applicable to employment standards, human rights, and occupational health and safety.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety policies and safe operating procedures.
- A certificate or degree in related field such as Health Care or Business is preferred and 3-5 years of managerial experience preferably in a client facing service delivery industry.
- Demonstrated use of best practices to develop, implement and monitor people programs, policies and practices to support business strategies and to enhance the employee / patient experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to use facts and data to develop options and recommendations.
- Proven project management experience involving cross functional teams from all levels of the organization.
- Experience in a Health Care related field is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Health Care: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)