The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have an exceptional experience when dining at the resort. Dining Room Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests needs and ensure they feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes, if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. E.g.: No Garlic, less spicy, without egg, etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guests with any additional requests.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist bus persons with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Must be Smart Serve Certified, Fluent in English and willing to work holidays.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is an asset
- May need to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Regularly lift items weighing up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Previous serving experience considered an asset but not required
- Must have own transportation to and from work .
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $12.20 /hour