1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Analytics (Replenishment Optimization), the Senior Supply Chain Analyst will develop machine learning models using diverse datasets (structured and unstructured) to augment the decision making of supply chain colleagues, help automate replenishment processes, and optimize the flow of inventory to stores and DCs.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Machine Learning (ML)/ Deep Learning (DL) on large volume and variety of data to drive process improvement and automation in Supply Chain Replenishment
- Work with business stakeholders and IT teams to identify areas of business that would benefit from ML solutions
- Assess the available data by performing data exploration and visualizations
- Implement data pipeline to ingest, clean, format and aggregate data; overcome challenges related to missing or corrupted data
- Design scalable and deployable AI/ML/DL solutions; Partition data into training, validation and test sets, train and assess ML models, adjust hyperparameters etc.
- Track model performance over time and identify techniques to improve model performance
- Communicate ML theory, model design, results and its impacts to a variety of stakeholders
- Research new breakthroughs and industry applications of AI
- Additionally, act at as the organization’s data champion by identifying opportunities for novel data collection and approaches to improve data integrity
How You’ll Succeed:
- Post-secondary education in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, Applied Math or Operations Research
- Strong understanding of data science and AI/ML concepts
- Proficiency in MS Office, SQL, Python, R or any other programming language
- Knowledge of big data systems – Hadoop, Teradata, Spark and/or Azure preferred
- Experience with enterprise supply chain solutions (JDA, SAP) is beneficial
- Creative problem solver with a passion for applying analytics to solve business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities and meet deadlines, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.