Job Number: 80446
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Organization: OBGYN & LD
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 18.75
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 30.0553 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 30.6687
Post Date: Feb 11, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 19, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
The Maternal Newborn and Women’s health program at West Lincoln Memorial Hospital provides family focused women’s health services. An interdisciplinary team provides Level 1 obstetrical care to healthy child bearing women and newborns as well as post operative gynecological surgical care.
As a member of the health care team, the Registered Practical Nurse in collaboration with the charge RN, provides safe and competent nursing care according to the job description and standards of practice for a Registered Practice Nurse in the Obstetrics and Women’s Health Unit.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings, nights, weekends
1. Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current B.C.L.S.
3. Current N.R.P.
4. R.P.N. Added Nursing Skills course
5. Medication Administration course
6. Perinatal 1&11 course
7. Recent obstetrical experience including, post-partum care, care of newborn and experience assisting with breast feeding
8. Recent experience caring for women and their families, post-operatively in all aspects of Women’s Health
9. Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, families and co-workers in an effective, professional, positive caring manner.
10. Demonstrated proficiency in working with patients, families, peers and multidisciplinary healthcare teams in a effective, professional, caring manner
11. Demonstrated excellent problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
12. Demonstrated leadership ability and organizational skills, ongoing professional development
13. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact H Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement