Employee Benefit Funds Administration Ltd. (EBFA) is a non-profit organization that administers Pension, Health & Welfare and Education Trust Fund benefits to Plan Members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local Union 424. EBFA employees work 35 hours each week and leave at 3:30 on Fridays. We have a great 100% employer paid benefit package that includes an excellent pension plan. The Pension Clerk will work under the direction of the Pension Manager.
- Provide customer service to Plan Members (and their Dependents and Beneficiaries), Trustees and Professionals by phone, e-mails, correspondence, and in person.
- Process all eligible Pension entitlements for Plan Members (and their Dependents and Beneficiaries), update records, and maintain proper storage of Pension files.
- Process Pension applications and payments.
- Research and investigate issues related to Pension applications, processes, and payments.
- Update data and correspondence of Pension files.
- Prepare and maintain reports.
- Update and maintain Procedure Manual.
- Perform testing of Funds Management System (FMS).
- Assist other staff with inter-department processes and inquiries.
- Accurately and efficiently enter and maintain data from sources such as the Registration and Declaration of Beneficiary Form.
- Training, as required.
- Perform administrative duties, including, but not limited to, filing, mailing, and scanning.
- Other duties as required.
- The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Minimum 1 year pension experience preferably with an employee benefit plan
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of skill using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent math skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be detail orientated
- Strong telephone skills, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and energetic attitude, excellent work ethic
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
EBFA offers a competitive salary package, Health and Welfare benefits, Pension benefits, and an excellent work environment.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Language: English (Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- pension: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)