WHO WE ARE
Gee Beauty is an independent beauty brand with retail locations in Toronto and Miami, with a global presence online at geebeauty.com
Understanding the modern woman whose time is precious and doesn’t have unlimited hours to spend maintaining her beauty, the Gee women created the first Gee Beauty retail services concept store 15 years ago.
The Gee Beauty mother/daughters team - comprised by Miriam, Natalie, Celene and Stephanie Gee - sought to modernize the traditional beauty experience by offering more result-driven, time-sensitive and lifestyle-driven beauty and grooming.
The multi-generational Gee women each represent different skin-types, lifestyles, and beauty goals, while all sharing the same passion and commitment to offering high-performance, solution-driven, clean products.
With an international following and reputation built on impeccable service and exceptional products, the brand expanded to the US, with a flagship store in Miami, and more recently an online e-commerce platform.
Instagram: @geebeauty Web: geebeauty.com
As the HR Generalist at Gee Beauty you will be the sole department and company resource that works with the executive team and employees to ensure the development and implementation of effective and efficient human resource policies and procedures. As the HR Generalist you will be the go-to for companywide training and development, legislative compliance, recruitment, health & safety, and performance management of the Gee Beauty employee landscape to maintain an efficient and safe working environment for all, serving as the link between the employees of the company and management for any inquiries, relating to HR.
As the HR Generalist you will work closely with management and employees to create a positive, progressive, productive, and engaging workplace that fosters a culture of client-focus, professionalism, learning, and professional development reflective of Gee Beauty's mission, vision, values and strategic direction for the long term.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan and implement HR requirements, policies and procedures that are in line with Gee Beauty Corporate Culture and Vision
- Deliver full recruitment services for our Toronto and Miami locations including; front end needs analysis, job postings, develop and update job descriptions, talent sourcing, interviewing, and draft employee offers, while maintaining a strong pipeline of candidates and staying up to date on market research relating to relevant current staffing salaries that relate to each of the Gee Beauty departments and roles
- Ensure compliance with Ontario provincial legislation
- Ensure compliance with Florida state legislation
- Administer employee development and health and safety programs
- Conduct ROI 's analysis relating to employee performance
- Work with the finance department to develop labour payroll staffing budgets for growing and existing departments within the business
- Administer benefits and performance management systems and health & safety programs
- Organize and conduct employee information meetings on company and employee policies, benefits and other employee related changes that may occur within the company over time
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs and relevant employment legislation
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Perform and oversee staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for WSIB and other insurance carriers where applicable
- Manage WSIB claims and return to work processes. Liaise with WSIB adjudicators
- Additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- A team player with a proven ability to work successfully in the HR management of a fast paced growing company
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- Experienced in all aspects of recruitment, HR management and HR policy creation and implementation in Canada (and the US an asset)
- Experience working with relevant employment legislation specific to Ontario (Canada) and Florida (US) (i.e. the Employment Standards Act, the Human Rights Code, the Employment Equity Act, the Pay Equity Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Experience in processing full cycle, bi-weekly payroll using Ceridian software an asset
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
- Strong and extensive knowledge of up-to-date human resources practices, trends, and legislation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Past working experience in retail HR an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (reporting and analysis), PowerPoint and Adobe
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources (specific diploma or degree)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive working experience, with a mixture of business and human resource management experience
- Completion, or working towards completion, of CHRP designation an asset
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time