- General knowledge of housekeeping and laundry duties.
- This position is physically demanding and the individual must be able to lift and bend as necessary.
- Must be physically able to perform all aspects of the position.
- Must be willing to assist residents with daily activities.
- Duties include working with cleaning/chemical products.Experience in the provision of environmental or laundry services within a long term care, residential care, hospital, or other healthcare facility preferred.
- Provision of current criminal record is required at point of hire.
- Minimum grade 10 level with the ability to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions related to product usage for safety.
Shifts involved can be 4, 8 or 12 as the facility operates on a 24/7 basis - 365 days per year.
This is a casual on-call position with no guarantee of regular hours.
The individual should be within a relatively close travel distance to Pugwash (Nova Scotia) due to the shortness of notice for call-in with an immediate availability and interest in working.
Salary: $16.01 - $16.28 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $16.01 to $16.28 /hour