- Work on feature development, structural refactoring, and bug fixes while being a catalyst and champion for implementing technical enhancements and optimizing existing web applications.
- Develop reusable functions, classes, and components as often as possible that can be used on a variety of different web properties ensuring applications are rock solid stable and implemented securely.
- Participate in regular code reviews to help formulate and ensure adherence to internal and industry best practices and guidelines, conducting unit and security testing, fixing bugs where they arise.
- Research, recommend and provide innovative and compelling technical advancements for projects.
- Create and contribute to functional specifications and sustainable technical documentation.
- Participate in concept and design discussions while contributing to the technical roadmap and strategy.
Capability Requirements – education, skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development building scalable commercial-grade consumer focused web applications.
- Experience with GIT, tags/versioning, and submodules. A deep understanding of GIT methodology
- Experience with writing/maintaining build processes and deployment mechanisms
- Experience leading software development an asset
- Knowledge of WCGA 2.0 for AODA is an asset
- Experience working in an agile development environment, i.e., Scrum, Kanban or XP.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with strong capacity to continuously learn and grow, proven record of task completion with high quality results.
- A team player with excellent communication, problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- React: 2 years (Required)