Department of Justice Canada
Calgary (Alberta), Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (British Columbia), Winnipeg (Manitoba), Ottawa (Ontario), Toronto (Ontario), Gatineau (Québec), Montréal Island (Québec), Saskatoon (Saskatchewan)
AS-01, AS-02, AS-03, AS-04, AS-05, AS-06, CR-03, CR-04, CR-05, CS-01, CS-02, CS-03, EC-01, EC-02, EC-03, EC-04, EC-05, EC-06, ED-LAT-01, ED-LAT-02, FI-01, FI-02, FI-03, FI-04, GT-02, GT-03, IS-02, IS-03, IS-04, IS-05, LS-02, LS-03, PE-01, PE-02, PE-03, PE-04, PG-01, PG-02, PG-03, PG-04, PM-01, PM-02, PM-03, PM-04, PM-05, PM-06
90 working days in one calendar year
View TBS Rates of Pay - Refer to "Other information"
8 August 2021 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
MEANING OF THE VARIOUS CLASSIFICATION GROUPS:
- AS - Administrative Services
- CR - Clerical and Regulatory
- CS - Computer Sciences
- EC - Economics and Social Science Services
- ED-LAT - Language Teaching
- FI - Financial Management
- GT - General Technical
- IS - Information Services
- LS - Library Science
- PE - Personnel Administration
- PG - Purchasing and Supply
- PM - Program Administration
All job applications must be submitted on-line. For persons with disabilities, should you not be able to apply on-line, you are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605 for assistance.
During the application process you will be asked a series of questions in order to determine the type of job(s) that would best suit your qualifications. You will be asked to provide either a yes or no response to each question. Your response will be used to assist with the screening of applications.
It is important that your education and work experience be clearly detailed in your résumé and that you provide the following information in support of your responses:
1) Name of the department or organization where the experience was acquired;
2) Title of the position occupied and duration (month/year) for which you exercised the functions;
3) Specific details of tasks, projects or accomplishments demonstrating the experience was acquired.
Intent of the process
An inventory for casual opportunities will be established from this process, which may be used to staff short-term vacancies within the Department of Justice Canada, this includes our Legal Services Units located in each government department. These vacancies may require various language requirements, operational requirements, condition of employment and/or work locations.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
1. Being interested in working for the Department of Justice including its Legal Services Units located in each government department.
2. Not be employed as a term or indeterminate employee in the Public Service.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Qualification standards for the core public administration
The qualification standards may vary according to the group and level.
- Client Services
- Grant and contribution programs (e.g.: evaluation, delivery, management, coordination).
- Stakeholder management (e.g.: Federal, Provincial, Territorial, Indigenous).
- Policy (e.g.: research, analysis, development)
- Statistics (e.g.: surveys, analysis, studies)
- Treasury Board Submissions
- Memoranda to Cabinet
- Access to Information and Privacy
- Performance measurement
- Computer Science (e.g.: Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, Planning, Infrastructure /Operations, Application Development, Client Portfolio Management)
- Information Management/Information Technology
- Accounting Operations (e.g.: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel, acquisition cards)
- Financial Planning and Analysis (e.g.: Resource Management, Estimates, Forecasting, Financial Management Advisor)
- Materiel Management
- Office accommodation services
- Security services
- Communications (e.g.: Media relations, Public Affairs, Internal Communications, eCommunications)
- Human Resources (e.g.: classification, staffing, policies, programs, labour relations).
- Compensation and Benefits
- Managing employees
- Administrative support (includes clerical and secretarial support)
- Executive support services (e.g. assistant to DG, ADM, VP, CEO etc.)
- Project or Program Management
- Editing/ Translation
- Health and Safety
- Library Sciences/Archivist
- Willing and able to work Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Willing and able to work Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Willing and able to work overtime on short notice.
- Willing and able to travel.
The operational requirement (if any) may vary according to the position to be staffed.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Information on language requirements
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
The Department of Justice is committed to maintaining a representative workforce reflective of Canadian society. In support of achieving a diversified workforce and our employment equity goals, qualified candidates who self-declare in a staffing process as members of Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and/or women may be selected for appointment to fulfill organizational needs including reducing representation gaps.
Conditions of employment
Security and Reliability:
- Varies according to the requirements of the position to be staffed.
Other conditions of employment may apply depending on the position to be staffed.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.