Vegpro International Inc. is a Canadian leader for the innovation of its agricultural production of baby leaves, salad and vegetables, supplying customers in North America all year long under the well-known label, Fresh Attitude. Our pre-washed and ready-to-eat packaged salads are available in all major grocery chains in Canada with a strong a rapidly growing presence in the US.
We have approximately 700 acres of land in Coldstream, BC, that our Vert Nature BC team will be growing baby leaf lettuce on.
We are a dynamic, innovative organization operating state of the art facilities across the country with expertise in both growing and packing conventional and organic produce. Our approach to customer service is defined in terms of exceptional business partnerships. The company has over 1,000 employees in Canada and in United-States and is a continuously growing company with a head office located in Quebec. Having doubled the size of our business over the past five years with an ambitious strategy and growth plan, our aim is to continue generating double digit growth annually going forward. Our current strategy is to replicate the business model in the Northeast by expanding in British Columbia. An entry into the Western Canadian market will provide an opportunity to offer national coverage to our customers with products that meet strong local trends and respond to our customers demand for healthy, organic, convenient and better for you diet.
- Plan weekly sowing according to the program:
- Control, maintain and reconcile seed inventories;
- Ensure the maintenance and proper functioning of the machinery park
- Control the efficiency and quality of work
- Participate in continuous improvement meetings and follow up on specific projects
- Maintain compliance with occupational health and safety standards and track records
- Participate in flash meetings and production meetings
- Maintain compliance with food safety standards and G.A.P
Manage employees under his supervision:
- Check and approve the hours of employees and / or staff;
- Organize the integration of new employees and participate in them;
- Ensure that employees are properly trained;
- Mobilize all employees;
- Evaluate and ensure the development of employee skills;
- Maintain discipline and follow up with the production coordinator;
- Ensure the application of company policies and procedures (overtime, absences, etc.).
Perform a sound management of the material / equipment of his department:
- Write work orders during mechanical breakdowns and follow up;
- Ensure that the equipment used is properly calibrated at all times and see the mechanical review of equipment, tractors and control systems (computers on tractors, GPS calibration and autoguiding systems);
- Control inventories and produce a balance sheet of products consumed and establish cost per acre and crop.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College Diploma in Horticultural Production and Environmental Technology, Farm Business Management and Operations (GEEA) or any training deemed relevant, combined with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in operations management of production;
- Relevant experience in personnel management and leadership;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, outlook);
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract