Job Title: Automatic Door Technician
Reports To: National Service Operations Manager
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the National Service Operations Manager, the Automatic Door Technician exceeds customer’s expectations by installing, repairing & maintaining automatic doors.
- Installs & repairs automatic doors on-site at the customer’s facility.*
- Never leaves a customer’s site without informing customer of safety or repair deficiencies at the facility.*
- Maintains and creates relationships with customers & potential customers.
- Meets minimum sales standards.
- Uses manuals & other resources to ensure repairs are correct for each brand of door serviced.
- Maintains the correct inventory on the company vehicle to adequately service the given territory.
- Become AAADM certified.
- Maintain the company provided vehicle in good operating condition.
- Maintain contact with the territory Dispatcher throughout each work day.
- Updates Corrigo (dispatching system) regularly and consistently.
- Performs duties of similar nature as necessary Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Experience: Work related experience and/or education sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Proficient Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Electromechanical Repair Skills
- Basic Analytical/Decision Making Skills
- Proficient Human Relations and Team Skills
- Proficient Planning and Organizational Skills
- Proficient Computer Skills
- *Environmental Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Occasionally lifts 50 lbs. overhead and/or pulls/pushes 50 lbs.
- Often bends and lifts loads up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Occasionally lifts loads up to 150 lbs. w/ assistance.
- Often works on a ladder with hands overhead.
- Occasional need to be able to climb stairs
- Often works on hard surfaces
- May need to work on uneven terrain
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, squatting, driving, and kneeling
- Repetitive bending, twisting hand and body motions
- Independently travels each day throughout a territory by company provided van
- Occasional office environment
- Overnight travel required, but rare
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in weather conditions consistent with state environment
- Hourly wage based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (Preferred)