Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Farm Supervisor will assist in the overseeing and management of successfully growing potatoes for French Fry Processing. This includes directing daily activities from Potato Planting, Growing, Harvesting and Storing in a manner that clients attain the highest possible yields and profitability from farm operation. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “Can Do” attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. A comprehensive extended benefit plan package is offered to all full-time employees.
Terms of Employment – This is a Permanent Full-time Position in New Annan, PEI - 40 - 60 hours per week, depending on weather and business needs.
- 2 years of Farm Supervisory Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage an efficient team of farm workers
- Proven experience with using and operating farm machinery relating to the planting and harvest of potato crops or other similar crops
- Proficiency with computers – outlook, word, excel, etc.
- Ability to delegate effectively and timely
- Strong communication skills
- Must possess Attention to detail
- Sound judgement
- Valid pesticide license would be considered an asset
- Ability to work extended hours around planting, harvesting and irrigation
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the of the Farm staff including but not limited to operators, truck drivers and labourers.
- Supervise daily work assignments to ensure activities are completed properly and efficiently.
- Develop work and planning schedules and establish procedures;
- Assist Farm Manager with Agronomic decisions.
- Ensure farm safety policies and procedures are followed and help drive the Safety Program.
- Equipment operation: Tillage, Planting, Spraying, Harvesting etcetera as required
- Maintain quality control and production records;
- Regular inspection of the crop;
- Measuring the performance of the farm and metrics.
Work Address – 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PEI.
Language of Work - English
Hourly Rate - $22 - $24/hour
Benefits - Full benefits package which includes medical, health and dental plan and a retirement plan.
Apply for this Career Opportunity by:
- Submitting your application online
- Bring your resume to 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PEI.
- Sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referring job number 22003250
To learn more about our products and services, click here.