Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date and have offices across the US in Oakland, California, Dallas,Texas and New York, NY with approximately 400 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
B*e customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking for a Lead Business Intelligence Analyst to help shape the way we market to our users and build technology to improve how they invest. This person will be the technical expert that will build and manage agile data architecture to serve analysis needs. You will know how to slice and dice data into recommendations that will guide a wide variety of decision-making and instinctively know how to ask the right questions, create queries and pull the right data into reporting structures that guide corporate strategy.
Analytics at Roofstock is a two-way street: sure, you use data to answer questions posed by others, but you also formulate and test your own hypothesis, and use your data sense to inform and influence the process. A key outcome of your analysis are the datasets you assemble, focusing on foresight, quality and maintainability are paramount to enable future re-use. You will generate insights from data and build reports/dashboards/visualizations to communicate your results.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our established, small but quickly growing company, working on marketing specific data projects in close collaboration with other cross-functional teams. We use a modern all-cloud data stack including Airflow, Docker, DBT, Python, Snowflake, Tableau, Sigma, and our old friend SQL.
If you thrive in a team environment, are willing to pitch in wherever needed to help the team succeed, are passionate about data and excited about empowering users with data to drive decision making, this is the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze data to provide information that supports decision making across the marketing org
- Develop and own reporting workbooks and dashboards in Tableau and Sigma that: track sales funnels and buyer/seller intent, measure ROI of online and offline advertising campaigns and make recommendations to improve performance, report on marketing KPIs like leads, conversion rates, website traffic and social media engagement, track email campaign metrics (delivery, open, click-through rates) and provide insights to understand campaign efficiencies, and monitor budget distribution and performance of paid ad campaigns, focused on lead and customer acquisition costs.
- Own analytics projects that support our PR strategies, presentations to our board of directors, potential investor pitches, etc.
- Recommend website and campaign optimizations based on customer behavior and journey analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data flows and processes to enable design and creation of the best possible solutions.
- Be responsible for marketing data accuracy and integrity, create data dictionaries and data governance policies as needed.
What You Bring:
- BS or MS in computer science, analytics, marketing, finance, statistics, economics or a related field.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience writing SQL, developing complicated analysis and creating advanced dashboards in Tableau or other BI/viz tools.
- Strong analytical foundation and data-driven approach to understanding a business.
- Expertise in Google Analytics and Excel.
- Curious, critical thinking with an ability to interpret data.
- Structured approach to problem-solving, ability to take a broad challenge and break it down into solvable components.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prototype rapidly, iterate quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively explain, influence, and advise with interdisciplinary partners.
- Experience in data warehousing, dimensional data modeling and tools like DBT is a plus.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!*
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight._
Job Type: Full-time