Spadina Animal Hospital is a small animal veterinary clinic located in the core of downtown Toronto. We provide a full range of primary care veterinary services to all shapes and sizes of dogs and cats.
We need an amazing full-time Veterinary Technician who will be able to grow with our practice!
What we offer :
- A very competitive salary
- Consistent weekly schedule
- Extensive Benefits
- Employee pet discounts
- and more!
As a Veterinary Technician your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- venipuncture, cystocentesis and catheter placement
- dental prophylactic cleanings
- performing digital dental and whole body radiographs
- educating and training clients in the maintenance of their dogs and cats health as well as educating them on surgical procedures, post-surgical and anesthetic discharges
- the well-being of all patients under anesthetics
- surgical suite and treatment area cleanliness and sterility
- medical equipment maintenance and upkeep
- educating and directing support staff to perform optimal fear free animal handling techniques
- inventory management of medications and treatment area supplies
- maintaining an up to date controlled drug log and surgical log
Our veterinary technicians must be flexible and will also perform veterinary receptionist activities as needed. Potential receptionist activities include: answering telephones, booking examinations and anesthetic procedures, and acting as a communication intermediary with other veterinary clinics.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional client communication skills – ability to handle the most difficult (and loved!) clients
- 2+ years of experience in a veterinary practice as veterinary technician / veterinary assistant
- Educated in fear-free animal handling and have a passion for fear-free animal care
- Knowledge of veterinary medical issues and veterinary medications
- Good technical skills including venipuncture, cystocentesis, full-body and dental radiography, intravenous catheter placement, anesthetic monitoring and surgical site preparation.
- Experience with Avimark for maintaining medical records and inventory management
- Experience with the use and maintenance of IDEXX hematology analyzers and IDEXX reference laboratory services
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send in your resume with a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $27.00 /hour
- Veterinary Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Avimark: 1 year (Preferred)