Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. Our history dates to 1943 and we continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians. Our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
API is continually upgrading its operations to ensure that high standards are maintained. We are currently seeking individuals to fill the position of Hatchery Workerin our New Brunswick location.
Hatchery Manager, NB
The Hatchery Worker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the Hatchery equipment and building as well as the removal of chicks from hatchers and transfer of eggs from setters to hatchers. The Hatchery Worker will be responsible for boxing eggs and egg transfers at the NB location. The employee in this position is responsible for culling day old chicks. They are also responsible for equipment and work area clean up.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Box eggs and egg transfers
- Handle chicks and eggs
- Clean and disinfect equipment using appropriate method (high pressure, mop, washer, etc.)
- General cleaning and set up of equipment and rooms.
- Assist with building and equipment maintenance as necessary.
- Follow safety rules and guidelines.
- Assist with after-hours checks and putting eggs in incubators as required
- Other tasks as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work with live poultry.
- Strong commitment to health & safety.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the agricultural industry preferable.
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.
- Dusty at times with strong odours.
- Hot, humid work area
- Repetitive work/heavy lifting
- Must be able to work flexible hours; includes holidays and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)