Join the DSI Underground Family and become a member of a world class team!
DSI Underground is a leader in developing, producing and supplying innovative products and systems for Underground Mining and Tunneling. We support our customers in reaching a higher level of safety Underground. In order to live up to our high standards, we need employees who think along the same lines as we do.
Your success is our success. That’s why we offer a broad range of development prospects and career opportunities within the DSI Underground Group. For many years, we have been filling management and leadership positions from within our own ranks.
It is important to us that new DSI Underground employees become part of our wider “family” and share our values and our culture.
Reporting to the General Manager of Operations, you will be responsible for implementing scheduling practices that reflect the needs and requirements of all production, shipping and receiving and sales departments. As the Master, you will be focused on creating, executing and monitoring the schedule management systems overall.
This position will be located either in the Sudbury, ON or Sturgeon Falls, ON, depending upon where we find the right candidate.
· Monitor production flow vs. schedule and highlight or initiate corrective actions where necessary
· Manage inventory transfer levels to ensure adequate levels to meet current demands
· Monitor and report monthly mix, make vs. buy
· Estimate type and quantity of materials and labor required for production and communicate the future raw material needs to procurement
· Act as a liaison between sales, purchasing and production planner regarding all delivery dates and project completion, actively participate in sales and operations meetings as required
· Communicate, Rectify and/or reconcile differences and inaccuracies that have to do with shipment and deliveries to customers
· Quote leadtime and cost to the sales department
· Works with plant managers to develop capacity constraint strategies
· Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
· Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
The successful candidate will have Post-secondary education in operations management or related field. This candidate has a minimum of 5+ years’ manufacturing experience working in a lead role, scheduling and inventory management.
Excellent project management abilities and strong technical in lean manufacturing, Six Sigma Microsoft Project/Visio and excel skills are required. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to schedule and track multiple projects from concept to completion.
Experience working with NAV or similar ERP system is required.
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages, annual incentive program and comprehensive group benefits.
Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for DSI Underground.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 2020-08-14
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
In keeping with the directives from the Governments and Public Health, DSI continues to monitor the situation and our focus remains on the health and safety of our employees. DSI is providing face masks, hand sanitizers, etc. along with regular cleaning.