Marani Law LLP is growing its Law Clerk team and has an opportunity for a full-time Junior Real Estate Law Clerk/Assistant in our downtown office. This is an excellent opportunity for a legal administrative assistant or Junior Law Clerk who is looking for a new and exciting challenge at a dynamic and growing firm.
You will be working closely with our Lawyers, and Law Clerks to deliver quality legal services to our clients and will be involved in a wide variety of legal tasks including:
- Conducting and reviewing title and off-title searches and related due diligence;
- Liaising with clients to book appointments at the office;
- Assisting lawyers with residential transactions including preparation of requisitions and documentation;
- Assisting lawyers with financing transactions (lender/borrower sides);
- Assisting with preparation of reporting letters in respect of transactions;
- Preparing closing books;
- Assisting the other real estate law clerks generally with all matters relating to the Firm’s real estate practice, as well as with client development initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have previous real estate law experience in a law office;
- Must have knowledge on using Teraview / Lawyer Done Deal / Conveyancer / PC LAW software to open files, prepare documentation & trust ledgers and close files;
Pay will be commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time