The Tool Crib Attendant is responsible for issuing tools, supplies and other equipment to employees while maintaining accurate records of the tools released from the storeroom. The employee is further responsible for monitoring inventory levels and receiving any new equipment into the storeroom in accordance with company policies and procedures. Excellence, quality and reliability are vital values for this role. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Issue tools, supplies and equipment to workers.
- Maintain accurate Tool Crib inventory, including current location of tools, supplies and equipment, user names and corresponding dates of the issuance and return of the equipment.
- Ensure the safe operation of all Tool Crib inventory.
- Conduct daily inventory cycle counts with a minimum of 10 items per shift.
- Receive new Tool Crib inventory in accordance with established procedures.
- Inform Site Manager when repairs are required by an external service provider and supplies are needed.
- Ensure the safety and security of the Tool Crib at all times.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
Employees Safety Responsibilities
- Be familiar with and work in accordance with health and safety legislation and company policies and procedure
- Take reasonable care to use safety and personal protective equipment as required by health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Report to supervision and management immediately any incident or condition believed to be hazardous to worker’s health or safety
- Refuse the work if danger is imminent or not controlled
- High School Diploma required.
- 2-5 years' experience considered an asset.
- Familiar with inventory control processes and procedures.
- Proven experience with and maintenance of tools and other equipment.
- Organization and record keeping skills required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Night Shift