Aberfoyle Snomobiles Ltd is an OEM powersports dealer servicing and selling over 300 units yearly. We are a family owned business that has been serving customers across southern Ontario since 1971. We will be moving into our brand new facility in early 2020!
The successful technician/mechanic is an individual who is motivated from within and is vital to the service department’s success. The individual will communicate well with co-workers, clients, and successfully work alongside other mechanics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work independently, work under strict time constraints and present a strong mechanical aptitude.
Must be insurable.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Must have previous powersports experience or technical training. (Small Engines, Snowmobiles ATVs, and Side by Sides, Golf Carts, Marine and Argo)
- Must have own tools, both metric and SAE.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance, small engine repair, vehicle assembly, accessory installation and diagnostics, rebuild motors, shocks and transmissions.
- Available to work Saturdays during peak times in season.
- Operate in extremely busy conditions during busy months (extra hours may be required)
- Duties as Assigned / Required
- Move Machines, trailers
- Fork Lift licence (an asset)
- Possession of a valid driver's license. (Must be insurable)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify customers' needs and exceed their expectations * Maintain, diagnosis, and repair Snowmobiles, ATVs, Side by sides, Golf carts, Marine and Argo.
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to internal and external customers. * Removal of units from shipping crates.
- Assembly of new units. * Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Commitment to accuracy and quality
- Work closely with the service writers and parts and sales departments
- Ability to provide service paperwork, on time, correct and accurate.
- Communicate product questions or issues to supervisor and/or manufacturer.
- Provide accurate work orders, good communication skills including communication with service writer, and communication with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Industry leading compensation based on experience with benefits package to be discussed during interview
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)