ToysRUs Canada, proud to be Canadian owned and operated, has a full-time opportunity for a Regional Human Resources Manager in the Western Region reporting to the National Human Resources Manager, Stores. This position will be based in either Alberta or British Columbia and will support stores in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
You will play an integral role working closely with both the Store Operations and Human Resources teams supporting team members, business goals and a great place to work, high performance culture.
We want to bring on someone who values what we value- teamwork, excellence, authenticity, accountability and integrity. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on exciting responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help us achieve our goals, in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
- Partner with the District Managers and Store Management Teams to provide support in programs or processes for team member relations, performance management, talent acquisition, training and development, succession planning, recognition and change management
- Proactively visit Stores on a weekly basis to foster team member engagement and retention
- Develop and maintain strong team member relations by working with management and associate team members to resolve issues in a collaborative manner, including conducting investigations, coaching, counselling and action planning
- Coach managers to effectively apply HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance and understanding
- Support talent acquisition and onboarding for Store positions
- Collaborate with District Managers on succession planning to identify opportunities for growth and prepare development plans for high potential talent
- Deliver Team Member Feedback Survey and/or Culture Survey results to Store teams and act as a resource to the Stores in the development and execution of action plans
- Conduct exit interviews to identify trends and make recommendations related to employment activities
- Implement and facilitate Store training programs, working with Learning and Development team
- Drive eLearning results with the Store teams with the implementation of new training modules, analysis of metrics to drive participation and knowledge retention and identify learning opportunities
- Support our Safety culture including collaborating with internal Health and Safety team, conducting internal audits, supporting Store JHSCs, actively assisting in claims management and return to work with resolution of complex safety concerns
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all Federal and Provincial legislation
- 5+ years experience in a HR Generalist role preferably in a retail environment managing multiple Store locations
- University Degree/ Post Secondary Education required with a Professional designation from the CHRP/CHRL or recognized post secondary education in an HR management program
- Ability to self-manage and able to work flexible hours in order to provide HR customer service to Stores
- Able to travel to Stores out of the province
- Key competencies include management proficiency in customer focus, drive for results, talent development, collaboration, communication, adapt and change and problem solving
- Strong decision making and sound judgment skills coupled with practical advice to ensure desired end result
- Operate with a sense of urgency and be a flexible, organized, multi-tasker using a hands-on approach
- Solid working knowledge and experience in all relevant Employment, Human Rights and Health and Safety legislation
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
Toys”R”Us is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Applicants under consideration for employment will be contacted to participate further in the recruitment process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Preferred)