Care Coordinator – Newmarket (York Region) 12 Month Contract
CBI Home Health is proud to be a part of CBI Health Group, the largest network of integrated community health services in Canada. We offer rehabilitation, home health, neurodevelopment and workplace health services across the country.
If making a difference in the lives of others is a priority for you as a professional, and you enjoy working alongside engaged front-line staff to ensure client satisfaction, CBI Health Group has an opportunity offering competitive compensation as well as the chance to meet your career goals.
As a Care Coordinator within our York Office, your focus will be on ensuring a positive patient and family experience by effectively scheduling direct care providers in the community to meet the requirements of patient care plans. You’ll be part of a team of Care Coordinators working diligently to provide as much consistency of care as possible while meeting the scheduling requirements of both patients and care providers. Frequently problem-solving, you’ll be the central point of contact for patients and families, care providers and referral sources. Effective care coordination is an important element of service delivery; as a result, you must be driven to help others in a compassionate and caring way while balancing the pressures to deliver on scheduling requirements.
As a Care Coordinator, you will:
- Use scheduling software effectively to fulfill patients’ care plans
- Provide field staff with accurate schedules on a weekly basis
- Ensure care providers are scheduled effectively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively with care providers to ensure schedules are carried out
- Communicate with patients and families when schedule challenges arise, and problem-solve effectively
- Maintain accurate records of care provider availability
- Maintain continuity of care whenever possible
- Take into consideration the individual needs of patients (and families), and of care providers, when making decisions
- Maintain accessibility by phone for patients, care providers, referral sources and other stakeholders
- Actively pursue positive relationships with care providers and patients
- Follow up appropriately on missed visits
- Liaise with Care Supervisors to share patient and care provider feedback
- Resolve or escalate, as required, client concerns/issues
- Ensure dated notes are timely and clear, and contain appropriate and required information
- Ensure accurate, timely documentation and/or phone calls, both external and internal
- Respond to faxes and emails in a timely manner
- Prepare daily performance and tracking reports in a timely manner
- Enter all critical and relevant information into the system for appropriate follow-up and documentation
- Escalate appropriate concerns or risks for review and/or follow-up.
To take on the role of Care Coordinator, you must:
- Have customer service experience
- Have computer skills
- Demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
- Be able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Be able to empathize with the complexity and difficulty of each client or field staff situation
- Be a detail-oriented, adaptable and customer-focused team player
- Combine strong interpersonal skills with analytical problem-solving abilities
- Be self-directed, goal-oriented and able to manage time and priorities
- Possess medical knowledge or a medical background, and supervisory skills will be considered assets
For over 40 years, CBI has been working every day to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians.
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of over 13,000 personal caregivers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca
Check out CBI on Facebook at facebook.com/cbihealthgroup and on Twitter at twitter.com/cbihealthgroup
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and CBI Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests.