City Of Kenora
Customer Service Representative
Full Time External Job Posting
Kenora is a City of choice, renowned as a sustainable, lifestyle community supported
by a Municipality committed to excellence.
The employees of the City of Kenora deliver quality, cost-effective Municipal services. As a
team of valued employees, taking pride and ownership in all that we do, we will exceed
The Customer Services Representative position will be the first point of customer contact
and will be responsible for greeting customers and visitors in a friendly, professional manner
and directing the visitor to the appropriate person if required. Responsible for delivering
customer service in all front line duties including reception, cashier, collections, licensing
and central records, water/sewer accounts and billing. Delivers a wide range of municipal
services that are customer-focused and cost-efficient.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an Office Administration diploma or other related field of study.
- Completion of an introductory post-secondary accounting course required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a customer service related work
- Minimum of two (2) years computer related experience in a work environment and
proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong ability to multitask and demonstrated experience where attention to detail is
of the utmost importance.
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Must pass a test designed to assess the job specifications and the knowledge,
skills and abilities as outlined within this job description, and achieve a minimum
score of 65%.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential matters and maintain strict
confidentiality at all times, is a mandatory requisite of employment in this position
- High level of expertise in all areas of modern office practice and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player able to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
Hours of Work:
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations.
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits:
Benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants must forward a completed City of Kenora Application form, which can be found
at www.kenora.ca or be picked up from reception at City Hall, along with a cover letter, and current
resume no later than 12:00 p.m. noon May 14, 2021 to;
Human Resources | City of Kenora
1 Main St. S, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
807-467-2150 | Email: email@example.com
The City of Kenora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be advised, the City of Kenora may use email to communicate with their
applicants for open job competitions. Please provide an up-to-date email,
which is checked regularly, with your application.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and is used
solely for the purpose determination of eligibility for employment with the City of Kenora.
Only those that submit full documentation will be considered for an interview.
The documentation submitted must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they
meet the education and experience factors listed in the Qualifications.
We wish to thank all applicants but advise that only those
selected for an interview will be further contacted.
Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.