Lab Management Engineering team requires a Support Technician/Technologist to provide assistance to the Ciena India team during the Ottawa Night Shift. This individual will provide support for ongoing lab support requests from the Ciena Team in India. The primary responsibility of the lab support Technical prime role is to provide first level support to offshore customers (Primarily Product Verification team and SW design teams) within the Ciena labs. First level support includes answering the Lab Support line, addressing in lab support requests and basic trouble shooting of Lab equipment including Infrastructure and equipment under design or test.
The candidate must be able to work the core India hours, 11pm-7am EST., but we also have other shifts they would be expected to fill, 12-8, 4am-noon for example) They follow the Ciena India work schedule, and vacation times.
Existing Lab experience or Unix/Linux experience would be an asset.
- Provide support for all issues originating from the Lab user community. Issues will vary but in general should fall into one of the following categories. A clear understanding of these types of issues is required
- Reconfigure Ciena Optical systems based on Detailed information and/or drawings provided by System owners or Project primes
- Investigate and resolve Network infrastructure including Ethernet connectivity and terminal Server/serial port access on all lab equipment
- Investigate and resolve Basic Computing issues.
- Investigate and resolve Test equipment and Signal source issues
- Install SW (Loads) on Ciena equipment
- Trouble shoot and repair Failed Circuit packs
- Provide guidance to Lab user community on lab processes
- Run, connect, clean, troubleshoot optical fibers.
- Inventory Management and equipment maintenance
- Locate Equipment with the lab, install/remove/move hardware
- Maintain accurate records of specific details of all support requests.
- 5+ years of working in a R&D customer support organization
- Knowledge of R&D lab environments
- College Diploma – Technician or equivalent work experience is desired
- Strong working knowledge of Ciena Optical Products
- Working knowledge of Corp. tools such as JIRA and GEMS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently to complete daily tasks/priorities
- Detailed oriented
- Strong team player
- Ability to work across different functional teams
- Customer oriented