NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Services is currently accepting applications for a Journeyman Taxi Mobile Crane Operator. This position is based out of Terrace, BC to support the branch and surrounding area. The Taxi Crane Operator is responsible for effectively performing Lifting and Rigging Services specifically Taxi work and occasional project work. Wage will be based on the Crane Rental Collective Agreement. In addition NCSG will make employer contributions to the unionized Health and Wellness, Pension and Training Plans. This is a local position, no camp or LOA provided, successful candidate must be a local resident or be willing to relocate.
- Assemble/Disassemble crane.
- Know and follow road and crane regulations.
- Perform pre-operational inspections including hazard assessments, calculating crane capabilities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Operate mobile crane to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Represents the company, help to resolve any customer concerns in professional manner. Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributive manner.
- Journeyman Red Seal Mobile Crane Certification.
- Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with clean abstract preferred.
- CSTS 2009, H2S Alive, First Aid and Fall Protection required.
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year of taxi experience with Dolly, preferably experienced operating AT Liebherr, Tadano and Grove makes.
- Manitowoc and Liebherr crawler experience an asset.
- Manitex Boom truck experience an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed.
- Must be or willing to join Operating Engineers Local 115 Union. Current members must be in good standing.
- Local candidate required, if not local, must be willing to relocate at own expense.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com