National Importers is a Vancouver B.C. Consumer Packaged Goods company that has, since 1947, been an importer and distributor of specialty food from all over the globe for resale in the Canadian and US Markets.
We are seeking an Accountant to join our team in our Richmond office. Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller, this person will be responsible for various accounting and administrative functions. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, highly motivated, detailed & results-oriented and able to meet monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines..
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries, including bank reconciliation, prepayment schedules, amortization schedules and other schedules as assigned.
- Prepare and post accruals and payroll entries.
- Generate Commission Reports and other reports for brokers and sales representatives.
- Prepare quarterly report for rebate and incentive programs.
- Marketing GL spend analysis and reconciliation.
- Analysis on deductions (damages, off invoice).
- QST & GST and Recycling Reporting.
- Assist with the management of foreign exchange transactions.
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all general ledger accounts; analyze the outstanding and report variances to Assistant Controller.
- Assist with year-end working papers, spreadsheets and preparation for any audits or independent reviews with support from the Assistant Controller or Senior Financial Controller.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial activities.
- Manage pricing bulletins and assist in pricing calculations and analysis.
- AP and daily deposit backup.
- Assist with other customer / government audits and complete monthly Statistics Canada Survey.
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting required and enrollment in the CPA program or a newly designated CPA.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook and Office Suite programs).
- General knowledge of ERP systems; experienced with EPICOR an asset.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and accurate.
- A fast learner who is able to prioritize and is adaptive to change.
- A self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills requiring minimum supervision.
- Able to work on their own as well as in a team-oriented environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time