The Peak Group of Companies is a leader in home improvement, supplying a vast array of innovative products throughout Canada and the United States. Peak is a highly valued, strategic partner of Home Depot. Our unique business platform perfectly aligns with Home Depot’s do-it-yourself and professional customer, and our best in class products are offered throughout Home Depot’s massive retail network.
The greatest strength of Peak is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and competitive individuals. Quick to act and passionate to win, the Peak team continuously drives the company’s growth, which in turn continuously provides individual career growth. This formula for success is entrenched in our culture, where innovation is encouraged, talent and teamwork are celebrated and where results and success are rewarded.
We are experiencing continuous growth and have an immediate opening for a full-time Logistics Coordinator, North America position working remotely with our offices located in Richmond, BC and in Richmond Hill, ON. The Logistics Coordinator, North America will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Logistics. Key Responsibilities and Qualifications include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Dispatch truck and intermodal shipments on a day-to-day basis as required
- Source and book various forms of transportation
- Research different load options to minimize freight costs
- Look for alternative carriers on our active lanes
- Keep up to date on industry trends including market rates, capacity, scheduling, etc.
- Work closely with the International Logistics Department on cross-dock loads and provide support to other internal departments
- Provide data to the reporting team on carrier performance and various KPI’s
- Become familiar with Home Depot’s Supply Chain Team and Processes
- Carry out administrative activities associated with loads
- Establish work priorities, processing shipments to brokers
- Tracing and producing P.O.D.'s for stakeholders
- Coordinate every aspect of secured business, from pick-up through delivery
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on carrier performance
- Order Management. Continuous follow-up to ensure deliveries are on time for our customer
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Experience, Traits and Qualifications
- A naturally customer-centric and sales-oriented team player who is extremely helpful and always demonstrates a “yes, can do” attitude
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrate promptness, professionalism, courtesy and a positive attitude at all times by keeping promises and taking good care of our customers through various channels
- Possess 2-4 years’ solid experience in NAT with a focus on cross border loads, knowledge in Customs paperwork is an asset
- A self-starter, an efficient and accountable contributor, a collaborative team player with good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience working in a deadline driven, high-volume, fast-paced work environment; demonstrate ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- A hard working who is eagle to learn and go extra mile to assist others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
The Peak Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We respect the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace and value the importance of diversity, fairness, and trust. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation package. Our goal is to attract, develop, and engage employees with exceptional ability and diverse backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We encourage our employees to wear a face mask indoor (optional, company provided), continue to practice social distancing and use of hand sanitizer frequently if they're required to meet in the office occasionally.
- Do you have any working knowledge of customs regulations in Canada and the U.S.?
- North America Transportation logistics: 2 years (preferred)