WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE TRAINED TO LEARN A SKILL IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY?
VG Meats is a local company experiencing growth that is looking for candidates whose desire for challenging work will aid them in learning and developing new and existing skill sets.
Develop your CAREER with VG Meats!
Brief Job Description:
The individual selected for this position will learn the day to day basics of a meat facility operation while being trained on simple meat cuts. Once eye-hand coordination is identified; the more senior butchers will begin to provide butchery training.
Detailed Job Description:
- Work in a team setting to cut, package and label a wide variety of products to customers specifications.
- Work in a clean and organized manner.
- Complete sanitation steps regularly.
- Learn and improve on meat processing steps.
- Learn knife skills
- Work safely
- Heavy lifting
- Physically demanding
- On your feet all-day
- Work in a cold environment
- Able to work with meat and spice
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Respects authority and able to take instruction
- Embraces hard work
- Math skills
- Training will be provided; experience is an asset
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour