VICKAR FORD is looking to fill the position of a Red Seal Service Technician or Level 3 Apprentice, who, under the direction of the Service Manager, will primarily be responsible to inspect, maintain and repair automobiles that run on electricity, gasoline, or alternative fuels like ethanol. They will execute basic care maintenance as well as diagnose, plan and execute complex vehicle repairs.
Ford vehicle service experience is preferred.
Vickar Auto Group, “Where Customers Send Their Friends”.
- Safe and proper use of tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Follow a checklist to ensure each critical part of the vehicle is examined
- Test and closely inspect all automotive systems, mechanical units, and the security of components; diagnose and isolate faults
- Confirm findings with supervisor/manager to determine whether to repair or replace
- Identify, repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle's breakdown or damage
- Perform scheduled maintenance services
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor/manager
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Complete detailed reports to record all problems and work performed
- Advise customers of work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification, OR
- Successful completion of Level 1 and 2 apprenticeship
- Minimum of 3 years direct work experience in automotive service and repairs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of automobiles and their service needs; with focus on Ford products
- Efficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to new industry technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Independently manage time and work flow
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong communication skills and professional demeanor
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We also offer a variety of employee incentives including:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits
- Healthy & respectful workplace
- State of the art facility
discounted pricing on vehicles, parts and service, discounted gym membership, employee assistance program, optional GRSP, and annual recognition for outstanding service to the company or to the community. Vickar Auto Group is committed to the health and well-being of the communities that we serve and is known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike.
Vickar Auto Group is an equal opportunity employer! We are looking for great individuals of various characteristics to add to our diverse and inclusive workforce. If you feel qualified, please apply with a cover letter and resume online. We thank all those who apply, however only those who meet our requirements will be contacted.