Pine Ridge Golf Club is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and highly skilled Executive Chef responsible for leading all culinary operations of the Club. The Executive Chef is a member of the Management Team, expected to lead hospitality staff in delivering an exceptional culinary experience to all Members and their guests while providing the highest standard of cuisine to weddings, banquets, and special functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation of unique, appealing, and current Club menus (breakfast/lunch/dinner) along with daily specials and feature menus that are designed to enhance the Member dining experience. Menus will develop and evolve throughout the season.
- Ensuring the banquet and tournament menus are current, cost effective, and consistently delivered on a routine basis. Provide custom menus to events as required.
- Provide hot & cold food options for our on course concession and beverage carts.
- Establish portion control and quality service standards for all menus.
- Plan and oversee the preparation of all meals.
- Ensure presentation of all meals is visually appealing.
- Execute simultaneous functions while ensuring standards are maintained in the Member’s Lounge.
- Ensuring kitchen equipment is in proper operational condition and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Solid knowledge of WHMIS and first aid, while maintaining all provincial health & safety standards resulting in a clean, safe, and happy workplace.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet tight/conflicting deadlines.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Hire, train, and supervise a team of sous chefs, banquet chefs, line cooks, and dishwashers.
- Produce weekly schedule in a timely matter according to budgets and event schedule.
- Create and maintain a work culture that emphasizes personal responsibility and accountability while fostering an environment where employees can develop their culinary careers.
- Be a hands-on leader who motivates your team to deliver the best possible culinary experience each day.
- Have a can-do attitude that extends across multiple departments with a focus on doing what is best for the Club at all times.
- Work as a banquet chef, prep cook, line cook, or dishwasher, as required.
Financial Planning / Fiscal Management
- Proven ability to appropriately cost menus.
- Driven to adhere to a yearly operating budget.
- Perform weekly food & supply inventory counts and ensure proper orders are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper ordering, inventory receipt, and control measures are in place and adhered to by all kitchen staff involved with this process.
- Monitor business levels and take necessary corrective measures to control costs.
- As required, meet with vendors to negotiate the best possible prices and terms for the Club.
- Collaborate with the culinary team and senior Club managers to develop new goals and procedures that reflect current culinary & club industry trends.
- Participate and develop thematic menus in conjunction with member Club events.
Member and Guest Focus
- Ability to interact with staff, members and guests in an honest, courteous & obliging manner.
- Must always present a clean and professional appearance.
- Be present, visible, and ‘hands on’ at all major Club events, both internal & external.
- Foster commitment and positive relationships within the Membership and other departments
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a management role with prior high-volume banquet experience. Previous Golf/Member Club experience considered an asset.
- Red Seal certification from an accredited culinary school and hold valid Food Handler’s & Smart Choices certificates
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in menu creation & the versatility to execute a variety of service styles including, but not limited to: Casual Restaurant Dining, Fine Dining, Plated Sit-Down Banquets, Food Stations, Buffets, etc.
- Excellent culinary techniques to create delicious, artistic, and unique meals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with financial literacy and computer skills.
- Hold a Class 5 Driver’s Licence & Have Reliable Transportation (not accessible by transit).
- Professional demeanor and appearance with a personal commitment to continuously grow and be the best.
While this outline attempts to be all encompassing, this position is expected to evolve beyond these categories. This is a highly demanding position during the golf season requiring moderately physical tasks, long periods of standing on your feet, and the willingness to ‘go all in’, with the trade off being extensive time off & personal freedom during the off season.
Pine Ridge Golf Club provides a fun and rewarding work environment with a team commitment to providing the best possible Club experience to our Members & Guests. Our Membership base is highly active and regularly utilizes all Club amenities, while our event schedule is bustling. If this is the job for you, please submit your Resume AND Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills & experiences along with why you would be a good fit for Pine Ridge Golf Club to the attention of:
Robert Shedden – Assistant General Manager, Pine Ridge Golf Club
Applications will close on December 8th, at which time we will contact all candidates selected for an interview. Salary will commensurate with experience and will include a competitive base salary, gratuities, bonus structure, cell phone, health care plan, and golf privileges.
We thank all that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Anticipated start date is January - 2020.
Job Type: Full-time