LIFE AFTER FIFTY
FOOT CARE NURSE (RN/RPN) 21 hours/week
This role is perfect for the private practitioner or recently retired nurse wanting part-time hours.
The suitable candidate will have experience with advanced foot care in an appropriate setting in addition to the following:
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Advanced Foot Care Certification.
- Familiarity with Best Practice Standards for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilization of medical equipment.
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) standards and practices.
- Knowledge of Best Practice Standards for Hand Hygiene in a Health Care Setting.
- Public Health Ontario IPAC and Reprocessing Certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with older adults
- Knowledge of chronic disease affecting foot health.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail as it relates to documentation of the client record.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and calendar management.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Full job description and qualifications are available on the website www.lifeafterfifty.ca.
Submit cover letter and resume by 4:30pm, Thursday, October 24, 2019.
LAF is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities it serves. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Registered Nurse RN or RPN (Required)