As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accomodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
The Virtual Support Coordinator will be responsible for the Virtual Visit program, and any other assigned projects under the Virtual Support Initiative at CCH.
Duties including answering emails and telephone calls, managing contact lists, organizing, coordinating and scheduling virtual visits with patients and their loved ones. Assisting patient and family members with any technical issues that may arise through the virtual visit and working with the patient’s clinical care team when scheduling visits. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the job
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of office equipment including computer, fax, telephone, tablets and photocopier
- Typing speed of 35 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of Word, Windows and spreadsheet programs
- Comfortable with learning new software applications
- Organizational abilities with initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong team orientation
- Excellent communication and customer service/public relation skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
Are you interested in this job