Support Technician - Manufacturing Environment
- Responsible for configuring, deploying, supporting and managing desktop and laptop computers in a manufacturing shop floor ecosystem.
- Working in partnership with a managed services provider to distribute standardize hardware and software to ensure manufacturing equipment uptime are unhindered.
- Responsible for daily DT Services for the manufacturing shop floor ecosystem task including: Microsoft Windows system administration, monitoring, upgrades, patch management and email system administration.
- Additional duties may include support and consulting for a wide varieties of project and initiatives to ensure proper business continuity.
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support including evaluation, consulting and solution implementation.
- Answer daily and weekly technical support inquiry for a wide varieties of issues including hardware, software, configuration and integration.
- Maintain hardware and software as per DT guidelines and Business requirements.
- Deploy and customize Microsoft operating systems asset using Sysprep, unattend, MST).
- Recommends and implements improvements to ensure effectiveness.
- Provides technical services or acts as a leader in support of project work.
- Usage of scripts and diagnostic tools to solve problems.
- Responsible for executing task as per documented process and procedures documentation.
- Proven experience implementing and integrating PC application software, standard PC software development and related support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Contribute to overall proactive support initiatives
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Perform daily Backup and Recovery.
- Minimum 2 years experience in support role in an IT environment
- Endpoint & Server Management
- Software packaging, integration and delivery (Wise, MSI, SMS, SCCM)
- Scripting Language (Batch, PowerShell, VBS, VB, Visual Studio, Python)
- Networking (VPN, TCP/IP, VLAN, routing, analysis)
- Security (Active Directory, patches & upgrades, etc...)
Education & Certification:
- Computer Science related studies (Required)
- IT Service Management
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft endpoint certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Linux endpoint certification
- Red Hat certification (RHCSA)
- Server & Networking certification
- Network+ certification
- Security Certification
- CompTIA Security+
- Equivalent certification are relevant
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in a shop floor environment (an asset)
- Experience in a data center environment (an asset)
- Experience with priorities and mitigation management
- Advanced support and troubleshooting skills / technical
- Strong communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience of software integration.
- French (Mandatory)
- English (Required)
Reference ID: Support Technician - Manufacturing Environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year