Appleby Systems is a well established, privately owned company with a proven track record of providing personal and professional HVAC home comfort services to the residents of Halton, Peel and Hamilton/Wentworth regions since 1967. Located in Oakville and celebrating over 52 years in business, we offer all HVAC products that include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, humidification, air purification, water heater and fireplace equipment for new or renovated homes and retrofit market. We offer commercial packaged units, unit heater and infra-red radiant heating. We also provide the design, manufacture and installation of custom duct systems for conversion, new home markets and light commercial market.
We are passionate about providing exceptional service, maintaining long-term customer relationships and we offer reputable HVAC product lines such as Carrier, Coleman, Apriliare and Regency fireplaces.
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for an individual to promote this standard of excellence by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The certified gas technician will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with customers as you professionally diagnose, repair and maintain residential and commercial HVAC equipment and residential gas fireplaces through quality work, done safely and on time.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Delivering outstanding customer service.
- Accurately diagnose and repair problems and perform maintenances in accordance with manufacturer specifications on residential and commercial HVAC equipment, residential gas fireplaces, IAQ products and water heaters.
- Offer the highest level of service with efficiency, professionalism and integrity.
- You will communicate solutions, educate and offer recommendations and answer customer questions.
- Maintain a communication link between the customer and the office to ensure that effective service is provided.
- Recommend and promote additional services to provide to provide customer home comfort.
- Maintain a professional, clean appearance and be willing to wear a company uniform.
- Maintain a clean stocked vehicle.
- Must be flexible and able to work on a on-call rotation weekends and week nights.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of HVAC & IAQ products and gas codes.
- Produce service invoices & collect payment.
- Prepare service work estimates for customers.
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 4 years recent HVAC journeyman service and maintenance experience with exposure to furnaces, central air conditioners, heat pumps and ductless units, water and tankless heaters, IAQ products, commercial packaged rooftop units, unit heaters, infra red heaters and gas fireplaces.
- Must have a Gas Technician 2 License.
- Must have Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) Ontario refrigeration 313 License.
- Valid ODP certification.
- Excellent communication and customer skills .
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to work from heights.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self motivated leader with a strong work ethic.
- Well organized & disciplined.
- You have a passion for high performance and attention to detail.
- Health Benefit Package
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Company I-Pad
- Approachable Management
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$42.00 per hour
- Company Car
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care