A new path awaits you at Friday Harbour Resort. Our team is made up of exceptional associates who are passionate about providing luxury service.
Friday Harbour is committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents and encourages and nurtures skills which allow associates to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family.
Friday Harbour is an all seasons resort that provides full time, part time and seasonal career opportunities paired with a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension. Apply today to become a part of our team!
Are you a passionate person? Do you embody integrity? Is creating excellence important to you? Do you exemplify respect? These are the types of people we are looking for to join our team and help us to establish Friday Harbour as an exceptional all seasons waterside resort, providing unparalleled service and amenities.
Friday Harbour Resort is a resort living community located in Innisfil, Ontario. We offer our homeowners, members and guests amenities including: waterside dining, nature preserve, marina, shopping, recreation and leisure programming, special events, golf and more. We are continuously expanding our operations and are looking for exceptional associates to join our Friday Harbour Family.
As a member of the Friday Harbour Family, you will join our mission to infuse nature, luxury and brilliance into every moment.
Reporting to the Landscape Leadership team, this position is responsible for the maintenance and development of property grounds to ensure a pleasant appearance. The Landscape Attendant’s overall responsibility is general gardening and set up and maintenance of winter activities across the resort.
- Daily maintenance of lawns by mowing, raking, edging, watering, weeding, aerating, fertilizing and seeding
- Plant various floral displays including streetscapes and tree-planting
- Responsible for maintaining flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and maintaining appearance of planters
- Maintain plants by planting, transplanting, cultivating, irrigating and pruning
- Accountable for maintaining grounds by clearing brush and debris by sweeping, cleaning up litter, replacing or making repairs and clearing drains; this includes trimming shrubs and trees
- Ensure daily checks are completed throughout the Nature Preserve trails and that the trails are maintained and free and clear of debris
- Snow removal of resort areas including snow blowing, snow shoveling salt application
- Grooming of the beach and shore edge as well as ski trails and assist with skating rink clearing and maintenance
- Power washing of buildings, hard pavement surfaces
- Maintenance of concrete pavers (replace and relevel)
- Monitor operation of irrigation systems and water areas without irrigation including beds, planter boxes
- Monitor and maintain condition of playground and sports areas including basketball court, tennis court, playground
- Lay down mulch, wood chips, peat moss and other soil moisturizers
- Remove garbage from all exterior receptacles
- Perform routine maintenance and landscaping renovation tasks
- Support to ensure signage in general across the Resort is in place and in good condition
- Operate and maintain a variety of maintenance equipment such as cord trimmer, mower, snowblower, side by side, backpack blower, chain saw
- Wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use
- Maintain the appearance and safety of sidewalks, driveways, cart paths, or parking lots
- Assist with set up and maintenance of seasonal recreation activities
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance and gardening an asset
- Previous experience using small landscape equipment including but not limited to; line trimmer, backpack blower, chain saw, small had tools, skid steer, push mowers, golf cart, power washer and other equipment as assigned
- Previous experience driving a snowmobile and using a snowblower
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Majority of work is outdoor through all seasons in all weather conditions
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
- Significant exposure to varying weather conditions
- Will encounter obnoxious smell from wastewater, gasoline and diesel fuels
- Will encounter hazardous materials, dangerous or toxic substances and chemicals
- May encounter excessive noise from engines and equipment
What will it be like to work for Friday Harbour Resort?
We are successful because our team is made up of exceptional employees who are passionate about providing luxury service. We are committed to providing associates a workplace that anticipates needs, recognizes talents, encourages and nurtures skills and provides career paths allowing associates to continue to excel as a part of our Friday Harbour Family. Start Your New Path with Us.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.