Niagara Falls-based Canadian Niagara Hotels Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest and most successful diversified entertainment businesses, with more than 2500 talented professionals spread across its various Hotels, Spas, Conference Centres, Restaurants, Craft Brewery and Distillery, Indoor Waterpark, City Touring, Entertainment and Specialty Retail businesses - with more to come! We are home to world-class brands including Marriott, Sheraton, IHG, Morton’s, Milestones, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café, Hershey and Starbucks - to name a few. Regardless of what business or role you start with, career development opportunities and rewards are endless for people delivering exceptional guest satisfaction and attaining business results.
We’re looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our Revenue Management Team to support the design, development and maintenance of our data warehouse and ETL processes. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Management, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
*Possible remote job availiability*
- Build and maintain data pipeline architecture required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
- Drive optimization, automation and stabilization of data integrations and reporting workflows
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights and other key business performance metrics.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of data and analytical products.
- Maintain technical, business user and design documentation including version control with Git
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience
- Experience building and optimizing ETL pipelines
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience with MSSQL Server and SSIS preferred
- Experience with Python
- Experience with database design and development an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including Pivot Tables, macros, formulas and functions
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter; a continuous learner with an entrepreneurial spirit
We understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday