Marvin is a premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood, wood-clad, and fiberglass windows and doors. Offering unparalleled value with craftsman-quality construction, energy-efficient technology, and the industry's most extensive selection of shapes, styles, sizes, and options.
At Marvin, we always strive to find better, more sustainable ways to enrich people's lives and the space where they live, work and play.
If you've been looking to join a stable and friendly company with competitive compensation package and comprehensive range of benefits including health and dental, RRSP, vacation, employee and family assistance program, and much more, then keep reading!
We are hiring an experienced and friendly Delivery and Warehouse Associate with customer centric attitude (professional, helpful) who will primarily be responsible delivering company products to and from jobsites in a safe, efficient and effective manner. We are looking for the right person who can think outside the box, enjoys a challenge and will constantly be looking for ways to improve our processes.
The successful candidate will be based in our Montreal location and must comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, drivers' hours of service, occupational health and safety, and weights and dimensions. The successful individual will be driving a 5-ton truck with air brakes and must have valid DZ or Class 3 license with a clean driving abstract.
Family and work-life balance are important to us; therefore, we strive to provide predictable and steady hours with no weekends. If this sounds like something you will be interested in, Apply Now! We want to meet you!
Role Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Comply with applicable legislation, including safe operation, carriage of goods, hours of service, occupational health and safety, and weights and dimensions
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Perform pre-trip, enroute, and post-trip inspections on vehicle and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
- Review schedule requisitions, inventory, distances, personnel availability, and other pertinent information to establish schedule parameters
- Provide assistance to service department when required
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift, including daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, and hours of service, following applicable provincial and federal regulations
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads in accordance with established safety requirements
- Operate all company equipment needed to communicate with company such as cell phone, or computer in order to receive information updates
- Maintain contact with the Customer Experience Supervisor in accordance with travel plan and provide feedback regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Keep vehicle clean to maintain appropriate service levels
- Other duties as required (help around the warehouse etc.)
Warehouse and Building Maintenance
- Maintain building outdoors in Winter (Snow removal & salting common areas)
- Keep warehouse area clean
- Operate Forklifts and other warehouse equipment
- Assist with various maintenance tasks or projects within the office or warehouse area
- Keep inventory & odd stock up to date
- Unload & place weekly truck from Warroad with our orders arriving from Factory
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience in transportation, preferably with large products
- Class 3 license and ability to drive a 5-ton truck with a clean driving abstract is an asset.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift from moderate to heavy products, preferable experience
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Dependable, analytical, willing to take initiative and problem solve to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in either French or English or both
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated time management skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge of the province driving rules and regulations
- Must be dependable, analytical, and able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Working in a warehouse and office environment
- Flexible hours
- Occasional overtime
- Majority of time spent driving to delivery / project sites
- Operation of cell phone or other technology and peripherals
- Interaction with internal staff, dealers, management, customers/clients, and the public at large
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects minimum of 50 lbs.
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors
- Repetitive work
- Use of required personal protective equipment
- No weekends, no nights
- Great work schedule 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM (depending on the customer needs)
- Vacation and Statutory Holidays pay
- Opportunity to grow within the company and work with fun and dynamic people
- Health benefits will commence upon start date. No waiting period.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends