Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position can be located in our Toronto, Calgary or Ottawa office locations.
About the Position:
We are looking for a mobile QA that wants to work in a dynamic working environment. If you’re a self-starter, love learning about new technologies, and believe mobile is changing the way we work and live, then Ceridian is the place for you.
You will be involved in QA processes and practices for our mobile app clients. As a part of the QA team, you will deliver some of the most challenging mobile apps in the market.
Reporting to the Mobile Development Manager, the QA Analyst is primarily responsible for validating and verifying the quality of deliverables throughout the development lifecycle. They will collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers and Technical Writing throughout the development process to ensure high quality deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience.
- Participate in the creation and execution of test plans and test cases
- Ensure traceability between product requirements, delivered code and test case verification
- Investigate, report, and track product failures to resolution
- Identify and escalate issues related to plan and quality
- Become a product expert in functional and technical knowledge in all areas
- Assess risks and impacts on the existing system as new functions are added
- Actively participate to improve quality in all processes
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and relevant quality assurance concepts
- Strong investigation and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Experience in defining and improving software processes
- Experience in enterprise software development
- Experience with SaaS product companies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database systems
- Proficient in test automation development with experience maintaining test scripts
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.