With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is a company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
Shift Manager- Maintenance
Job Location: Nanticoke, ON
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Stelco has an immediate opening for a Shift Manager- Maintenance in the Central Maintenance Complex at its Lake Erie Works facility in Nanticoke, Ontario, Canada. Safety is a #1 priority at Stelco, ensuring you and all those in your facility maintain a safe work environment. The Core Value of Stelco and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
This position reports to the Area Manager – Central Maintenance Complex
- Administer the Stelco Safety Program to ensure a safe work environment within the Operating facility.
- Promote safety by various means (safety contacts, safety tours, incident investigations, incident follow-up’s, SDS, JSA reviews and lead by example.
- Ensure adherence to all environmental control procedures and relevant codes and standards.
- Use technical knowledge and maintenance history of mechanical equipment through a CMMS system to develop and implement preventive maintenance and repair programs.
- Perform administrative activities such as planning and scheduling work, completing maintenance reports, conducting safety tours, and compiling other reporting as necessary by the manufacturing and maintenance facility.
- Apply the basic understanding of shop machinery capabilities and schedule tasks to the specific work centers that enables the on-time delivery of machined parts.
- Consult with supervision and other departments where required to clarify extent of work, request or develop SJP’s as required.
- Analyze and estimate the specifics, prepare detailed job analysis, scope of work, material requirements and sequence of operation.
- Visit shop floor to Monitor work in progress, update schedules and CNC programs.
- Aid problem solving when issues arise in reference to product manufacturing.
- Ensure CNC programs are fully comprehend-able and that issues do not arise.
- Develop applications / programs using CAD/CAM (computer-aided drafting, computer-aided) for control of CNC (computer numerical control), NC machines and other manufacturing processes.
- Establish performance goals and objectives with Area Manager - Maintenance
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in machining environment working with MasterCam Software.
- Strong interpretation and knowledge of geometric tolerancing.
- Must be proficient with interpreting drawings and technical documentation.
- Proficient in CNC programming 3 Axis milling, turning centres and 3D modeling.
- Experience with programming of CNC equipment including lathes and mills.
- Effectively communicate information orally and in writing with managers and employees.
- College Diploma and working in a unionized, manufacturing/industrial environment is preferred.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a shop floor environment
- Good computer skills
- An enthusiastic approach and ability to learn quickly and assume responsibility.
- As a Shift Manager/Programmer of the company the qualified candidates for this role must demonstrate the ability to manage change, communicate effectively and able to work with minimal supervision.
Your work environment
- Normal, fast-paced manufacturing environment for a high impact team
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent