We are a full spectrum Landscape Construction Company that has been service Vancouver Island for 30 years. Our team is expanding and we are currently seeking an experienced estimator who is passionate about building exceptional outdoor spaces!
Responsible for completing site take offs and accurately ordering, tracking and coordinating the delivery of all required supplies and materials to various work sites. Working closely with the projects manager and accounting department with multiple tasks in order to complete projects according to schedule and on budget.
Wage/salary: commensurate with experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately read landscape plans, quantify, source and order all materials and supplies needed;
- Order and coordinate delivery of up to date locates to all job sites as requested by Site Managers;
- Accurately coordinate delivery of required materials/supplies as per Site Manager requests;
- Communicate effectively with the operations manager or projects manage to ensure job requirements are satisfied on time and when required;
- Good at maintaining customer relations,cooperate with the completion of company's annual business plan and actively expand company's business
- Ensure all orders are tracked effectively and in a timely manner for the accounting department;
- Assist in scheduling project work
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in building technology, landscape technology, or closely related field;
- Minimum 1 year in large commercial, residential landscape estimating and management experience, good communication and quick learning; have a strong sense of responsibility, discipline and company honor.
- Prefer Red Seal designation in landscape or related construction field, or other relevant certification
- Strong ability to read and understand landscape and architectural drawings;
- Ability to do drawing take-offs for estimating purposes;
- Good knowledge of masonry and landscaping
- Knowledge of labour, materials, equipment, and overhead components for estimation;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving & time management skills;
- Ability to communicate well in verbal and written formats;
- Ability to work individually and in a team, and calmly in a fast-paced environment;
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and math skills;
- Valid drivers license & own vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage (some site visits required)
We provide Group Benefits including EHC, dental, life insurance...
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Landscaping Estimating: 1 year (Required)