Atlas Graham Furgale is the largest and most established manual cleaning product manufacturer and distributor in Canada. Our broad range of products have been serving industrial, commercial, retail, office and institutional audiences since 1941 and our commitment to solving business challenges with personal service and quality products is what sets our company apart.
We are looking to bring on a Maintenance Technician with good technical aptitude, enjoys being a "Jack/Jill of all trades", experience in maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and a passion for manufacturing industry. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions, repair or replace defective machinery parts, perform routine maintenance work on machinery, program programmable logic controllers (PLCs), machinery and equipment insulation.
Performs preventive maintenance complying with all applicable codes and regulations related to building operations, performs day-to-day repairs, estimate time and materials needed to complete repair, assist with installations of building equipment systems, assist with troubleshooting and repairs of building and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, equipment, roofs and HVAC etc. The maintenance technician will maintain lighting systems, ground or property performing tasks, (Ex. Grass cutting, snow clearing, etc.) perform other duties as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote safe work practices in the plant i.e. lock-out procedures.
- Coordinates with skilled outside tradesmen and/or assigned supervisors for completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Assists outside skilled tradesmen with projects (ex. Transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe efficient manner.
- Installs system component parts, office equipment, and facility components (ex. Lighting, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on the equipment and tools with the purpose of ensuring availability with safe operating condition.
- Prepares written materials (ex. repair status, Borghi set ups, activity logs on sewing machines, etc.) with the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Completes all maintenance request in a timely fashion or as designated on the request. Repairs furniture and building system components with the purpose of ensuring a safe work environment.
- Responds to Emergency situations during and after hours with the purpose of resolving immediate production and safety concerns.
- Creates purchase orders to purchase supplies necessary to keep the equipment and building going with approval needed from supervisor.
- Maintain ongoing communication with other departments and assist in continuous equipment efficiency.
- Problem solve, analyze and identify waste areas and recommend solutions.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum education Grade 12.
- Able to work Day shift as well as overtime as necessary.
- Certified Class 4 Engineering as an asset.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams to determine work procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, forklifts, miscellaneous shop tools as well as welding equipment.
- The ability to fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts within tolerances
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands, occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing with balancing, and significant finger dexterity.
- The ability to operate equipment in skilled trades, power and hand tools etc. adhering to safety practices, handling hazardous materials and planning and managing projects.
- Ability to work under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods, providing information and/or advising others and operating within a defined budget.
- Supervision of trades’ people while they are within the building.
- Management to dictate any other supervision Maintenance is responsible for as needed.
- We believe in providing growth opportunities to our team, we support education, we have a fantastic benefits plan, and Pension Plan.
- We strongly believe in giving back to our community through charitable organizations.
- Team and culture are a big part of AGF through BBQ’s, team events and outings.
- We’re well-respected for providing innovative and environmentally responsible products as well as exceptional customer service
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance Technician: 3 years (Required)
- Plc Programming: 2 years (Required)