Pacific Coast Fruit Products two fruit processing facilities are located in Abbotsford BC. We have two openings on our afternoon shift for technically minded individuals to support our manufacturing operations.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Repair, troubleshoot and follow preventative maintenance schedule to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime.
- Perform or assist with repairs and general equipment, facility, building maintenance
- Perform or assist with set up and install of equipment
- General facility repairs for our manufacturing and office facilities
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment, building systems and property.
Equipment: inspection, lubrication, adjustment
Building Systems: painting, drywall repair, assist in shop, yard, maintaining vehicles and forklift equipment
Property: snow and ice removal
- Maintain plant and office facilities to remove hazards and ensure a safe work environment
- Assist with other departments to facilitate project work and performs other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO US
- Strong mechanical / technical abilities
- Experience working with shop tools
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently, with effective follow through and completion of duties
- Problem solver and solution oriented
- Sound comprehension of mathematics
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 50lbs, push, pull, and move equipment
- Valid driver’s license to drive to our several plants and offices
- Safety orientation
- 10-hour shift schedules
- 2:00pm to 12:30am
- Wednesday to Saturday
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time work
- $19.50 to start, $20.00 after probation
- Benefits (health, dental, life insurance, prescriptions), RRSP Matching, eligible for annual bonus, and accumulated sick pay after 3 months
- Annual Rain Gear, Boot Allowance, Costco Memberships
- Opportunity to apply for open positions within the company
- Company events and social activities
Work with a group of highly dedicated, driven people in a progressive organization. We take work seriously, giving it our all, mixing in some fun while we work.
Pacific Coast Fruit Products (PCFP) is a privately owned, internationally recognized fruit processing company located in Abbotsford, BC. For over 30 years PCFP has been producing quality NFC juices, juice concentrates, purees, puree concentrates and blends for our global market. We are known as a supplier of high integrity exceptional quality and outstanding customer service and a key ingredient to our success is our people.
Job Type: Full-time