About the Position:
The Cook is responsible for aiding the Sous Chef in ordering ingredients, producing meals for residents and guests using production checks and recipes assigned, and following all policies and procedures within the Dining Services Department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production, storage control and portion control;
- Ensures maintenance, cleanliness and proper usage of all equipment in production area;
- Controls storage, inventory and minimizes waste;
- Supervises sanitation and housekeeping functions in this area;
- Confers with Sous Chef about production of daily menus and catering;
- Participates in menu planning with Sous Chef
- Maintains safety standards;
- Assists Sous Chef in long range planning and recommends improved procedures;
- Supervises the use of food temperature control;
- Receives deliveries and checks receipts against specifications and orders;
- Follows established procedures in a fire or safety emergency;
- Reports promptly to Sous Chef any unusual occurrences or illness;
- Acts as back up to the Sous Chef in his/her absence;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the Health Care or Hospitality industries;
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program;
- Food Safe Certificates I and II (Asset);
- First Aide Certification (Asset).
- We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to meet challenging deadlines when required; a willingness to work flexible hours and the occasional evening and weekend to cover events. We offer a competitive sales focused compensation packages; benefits, a flexible work schedule and great work, life balance. Apply to join us now!
Metta Lifestyles is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We are committed to employment equity for women, aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- cooking in health care/hospitality industry: 1 year (Required)