Senior Software Developer - Python
Our Finance Technology team in Montreal is currently hiring a Software Developer with Python experience who is smart, creative for work on the design, development, and implementation of next-generation of marketplace lending platform. The application is transitioning towards a microservices & micro front-end based architecture.
We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve. We expect the candidate to be comfortable working in a dynamic environment requiring high autonomy, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Code, script and automate using Python, as well as modify existing code as needed.
- Work on data retrieval, processing, validation and modeling.
- Scraping of data from various formats (HTML, PDF, API, etc.) and data sources/inputs using Python
- Assist with the full software development life cycle (requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing, deployment, and maintenance).
- Web scraping
- Design and develop high-quality back-end code (Python).
- Developing new software applications, features, and distributed services that support a high-scale web application
- Work with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Stay current with the latest front-end and back-end technologies and best practices and share your findings with the team
- Help evolve our stack and mentor our other developers when it comes to patterns and best practices.
- Work as part of an agile team across a variety of application domains
- Work closely with our designers to help realize a cohesive user experience across the entire lending lifecycle
- Troubleshooting issues with existing architecture and code
- Ability to contribute to each step of the product development process (ideation, implementation, and release)
- Excel with agile development methodologies and Scrum
- BS, MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or other related fields.
- Strong script development and debugging skills in Python
- 3+ years of Python Development Experience with strong skills using the Pandas, Json, Multiprocessing, Beautifulsoup, and NumPy libraries
- Expert understanding of Python Core concepts, including both functional and class-based design, and new language features up to Python.
- Knowledge of framework, Django, Flask,
- Knowledge of Python ORM libraries required
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and SQL writing skills, proven experience working with major relational database platforms such as SQL Server,
- Experience with web scraping
- Experience with consuming REST APIs/JSON
- Ability to use Python libraries such as Scrapy, Beautiful Soup, Kivy, etc.
- A thorough understanding of the HTML Document Object Model
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers
- Proficiency in one of the following: Typescript, Swift, Node.js, PHP
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL like Cassandra
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, Postman, and Jenkins
Brain Finance is a leading financial technology company that offers responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers by Marketplace Lending platform. We redefine access to credit with our revolutionary technology using machine learning and automation capabilities to provide better and simpler financial services to everyone. We have built a new generation of lending technology platform and have reinvented how credit decisions are made. The new AI is transforming multiple sectors and now is the time for us to bring this new predictive power into financial services.
- Competitive salary
- Fun and relaxed work environment
- Full health benefits - Medical
- Free healthy snacks and refreshments
- Advancement opportunities
- Great office location
We are a team of great people building a really cool product for great customers. We’d love to have you join us!
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- JIRA, GIT, Postman and Jenkins: 1 year (Required)
- REST APIs/JSON: 1 year (Required)
- Python: 5 years (Required)
- MySQL and NoSQL: 1 year (Required)
- relational database concepts and SQL writing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)