*16 month contract position*
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Position: Human Resources Manager (16 month contract)
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Reporting to: Senior Human Resources Director
Responsible for supporting and partnering with the Canadian Commercial team by providing expertise and support in the delivery of proactive Human Resources services that include Performance Management, Talent Management, Learning & Development, and administrative support. Provide additional HR support to the North America International Markets
What Makes this a Great Opportunity
- Beam Suntory Canada is the third largest spirits & alcohol company in Canada, with employees across the country. We are a fast-paced organization, but we know how to have fun too.
- An opportunity to practice HR on a national scale, supporting the various provincial teams and also to engage with other HR professionals within the Beam Suntory HR community
- A hands-on role that lets you touch and interact with all levels and aspects of the Canadian business. The Canadian commercial team looks to the HR Manager as a true partner in helping with the advancement of HR strategy.
- Provide support and coaching to first-line management with respect to employee development, performance management, and employee relations
- Work with department leads through the engagement survey process to ensure proper execution, review and follow-up to the survey and its corresponding action plans
- Proactively monitors changes in key legislation impacting human resources throughout Canada
- Proposes updates and improvements to company policies, procedures and internal processes
- Lead and facilitate the Beam Suntory Canada JHSC and Wellness committees
- Provide guidance and leadership support to the Social Committee in their execution of sponsored employee events
- Work with leaders to identify their recruitment needs and provide full-cycle recruitment support in order to ensure top-talent is sourced, identified and on-boarded in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Coordinate and train leaders in the performing of selection interviews
- Track and evaluate recruitment processes. Continually look for new and more effective (cost and efficiency) manners to recruit candidates.
- Assist director in the succession planning process, providing input and assisting in the Canadian team in the creation and execution of their development plans
- Work with Talent Management team in Chicago, to share best practices.
Learning & Development
- Delivery of new hire orientation program, ensuring it is up-to-date and engaging.
- Work with Director and client groups to identify training opportunities. Design and or source training programs to address identified needs
- Participate and assist in the delivery of Beam Suntory corporate development programs
- Help in the transition of applicable administration functions to HR Operations.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll process, including completion of payroll paperwork, entry into payroll system and liaise with Payroll department for processing
- Work with Director in leading and managing the end of year merit and bonus review process. Help to conduct local equity analysis and recommendations
- Ensure proper HR documentation is prepared and submitted to HR Operations for processing in an accurate and timely fashion. Assist Director in the administration of the short-term and long-term disability programs, as well as general benefits administration
- Monitoring and tracking of all HR related invoices and work with Corp Services on the creation of necessary PR/PO requests
- Entrepreneurial Approach
- Creating Innovative Solutions
- Beating the Competition
Role Specific Competencies:
- Delivering Results – Achieves goals and meets deadlines
- Interpersonal Understanding – Develops and maintains productive internal and external relationships
- Organizational Skills – Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Communication Skills – Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to work effectively with both internal and external contacts
- Commercial and Business Acumen – Ability and desire to understand the business and leverage knowledge to identify and address potential risks and / opportunities
- Management of Change – Successfully adapts to changing situations
- Continuous improvement – Looks for new ways to improve current processes, based on observation, experience and research. Successfully achieves buy-in and implements CI ideas
- Detail Orientation – strong attention to detail and ensuring of accuracy in work performed
- Minimum post-secondary degree/diploma, Business Admin or Commerce preferred
- Minimum of 5 years human resources experience, preferably in a sales & marketing environment.
- CHRP/CHRL designation, or working towards it, an asset
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheet applications
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
All interested Applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter (including desired salary range). We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract