The Production Scheduler is responsible for placing orders for product and components as well as scheduling production with suppliers to fulfill sales forecast and customer demands.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor inventory levels for raw materials, work in progress goods, and finished goods
- Complete a physical inventory count of resin and mass production components
- Supervise annual year end physical inventory count
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies
- Oversee material forecasting
- Monitor cycle times of all parts to support customer on-time delivery
- Monitor cycle times at customer’s facility as required
- Accurately create and input production orders to appropriate software (Navision)
- Post production from In Touch to Navision and Shopfloor to Navision
- Present status updates at daily production meetings with internal team members
- Communicate with respective departments on any schedule changes that will adversely affect overall schedule execution or customer expectations
- Participate in regular communication with external customers
- Maintain machine operating schedule
- Schedule repair and maintenance of molds
- Schedule production requirements per orders
- Maintain accurate and reliable records and reports.
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of similar experience
- Material Control education
- Manufacturing experience is a strong asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks at hand
- Experience with reporting and maintaining documents
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of Management, Administrative and Production staff
- Experience working with an ERP system
On occasion, this position will require inspection throughout the plant.
This position does not require any physical requirement.
This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent