Walker Industries has proven to be a dynamic and diversified company. Our group of companies include aggregates, construction, emulsions, environmental project management, waste management, renewable energy projects and organics processing. Walker Industries has a strong reputation for integrity and advanced solutions and is a company dedicated to the environment, community, and safety of our employees.
Office Assistant – Walker Industries
Your primary goal in this role is to coordinate a variety of administrative duties in support of the needs of the Finance and IT departments. The Office Assistant will report directly to the Network & Support Manager and will work out of our Thorold area Head Office, located at 2800 Thorold Townline Road in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. 1. Administers corporate landline and mobile device programs by setting up devices as required, maintaining records of collateral and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
2. 2. Supports upkeep and maintenance IT contract database ensuring that all contracts are regularly analysed and notifications of upcoming deadlines are actioned.
3. 3. Maintains and updates records of corporate gas cards, security fobs and transponders, including ordering, issuing, updating, cancelling, investigating issues/fraud concerns.
4. 4. Assists in the Information Technology on-boarding program for the company, including development of training material and manuals and the creation and update of SharePoint employee information.
5. 5. Processes annual corporate business license renewals, coordinated with guidance from management as needed.
6. 6. Coordinates employee training requests as offered by the IT department, making arrangements as needed.
7. 7. Identifies and organizes events such as special meetings and departmental team building events including catering, entertainment, invitations etc. to help promote a solid corporate public image and internal cohesiveness.
8. 8. Administers departmental needs relating to Absence & Vacation Reporting via Time Off Manager.
9. 9. Utilizes advanced software skills to produce reports, documents, presentations, minutes of meetings and other administrative duties in support of the department and its managers and for divisional committees; records and distributes minutes and agendas.
You’ll succeed at this role because you are:
Highly Organized, Customer Service Oriented, Confident, Communicate Extremely Well and are Computer Savvy.
We’re looking for someone who will show initiative beyond the focus of their day-to-day work, pay attention to the details while keeping important documentation and other processes moving without any hitches. If you balance independence and team support well, are proactive and adaptable, able to employ solid judgement skills while resolving problems as they arise and by anticipating them in advance, this could be the perfect position for you.
- Minimum high school graduation or equivalent level of education, with additional courses in office administration and various software packages and at least one year of progressive administrative work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary including a superior benefits package along with other unique employee programs. Typically, work schedules are Monday to Friday with some flexibility when the need arises.
Working at Walker Industries
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – turning waste into useful products and energy and working to the highest standards of disposal.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
HOW TO APPLY
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.