As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Your contributions will be integral to the enterprise application teams you will support — and be reused by other development teams across the organization. These shared components will also enhance the day-to-day work experience of other development teams making use of them, increasing both the productivity and satisfaction of the teams you will interact with.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Turn UX design into functional designs by owning the frontend code from end-to-end
- Write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, elements and frameworks for use by development teams
- Work with Back End engineering to integrate into the full product stack
- Strong knowledge of responsive design, W3C standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility and best practices
- Experience with developing according to WCAG universal design (accessibility) practices and requirements
- Deep understanding of protocols related to asynchronous resource fetching (XHR, AJAX, GRPC, etc.) and data transmission formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience developing rich user interfaces for web applications
- Expertise in use of JS frameworks such as Angular, React and Vue
- Knowledge of user centered design interface design principles and best practices with proven scenario development skills
- Collaboration and presentation skills with an ability to collaborate well with a multi-disciplinary design team
- Simultaneously work with multiple teams to create HTML5 layouts/templates
- Knowledge of iOS Xcode Interface Builder preferred
- Manage code drops in asset and build management systems such as GitHub, and Perforce
- 3+ years of Professional Web Front End design/development experience
- 2+ desktop and mobile web user interface development experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience, Master's Degree preferred
- Working knowledge in current web technologies (e.g. Angular, React, Vue, ReactNative, Flutter)
- Comfortable working within an existing code base and writing code from scratch
- Good communication skills within your team, across teams, with management, and other organizations
- Writing structured CSS is the key here that not a lot of developers have the know how to do. Following BEM conventions, as well as utilizing SASS mixins and variables are important skills.
- Excellent understanding of the browser DOM
- Expertise in using package managers, such as NPM or Yarn is required.