Foster Family Support Worker: Therapeutic Foster Care Agency
Satori Homes Inc. is a private Foster Care agency licensed by the Ministry of Community, Children and Social Services. We provide therapeutic supports in a foster care setting to children and youth between the ages of 0 and 18+ years.
Reporting to the management team of Satori Homes, the Foster Family Support Worker is responsible for therapeutic and support services to children and youth, and their foster families, in order to promote family-based care.
The Foster Family Support Worker will provide support to 4 children/youth and the foster family both inside and outside of the foster home. This posting is specific to a Foster home located in Acton, ON.
This is a full-time position and shifts would be 4 days per week (8am to 4pm) with occasional weekends. Please do not apply if you are unable to work these shifts consistently.
Functions/Tasks and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home and community support to foster families, children, and youth.
- Act as a supportive resource to children/youth and foster families.
- The FFSW is considered a critical member of each child/youth’s Care Team and will participate in the implementation and delivering of supports that are outlined in the child/youth’s Plan of Care. Attendance at Plan of Care and Care Team meetings may be required in order to provide input/recommendations for care planning purposes in the areas of education, social skills, recreation, community resources, clinical needs, and transitions.
- Assist in transporting children/youth to various appointments and access visits.
- Provide advocacy and coordinates resources for foster parents and children/youth.
- Identifies and addresses the professional development needs of foster parents, in consultation with their immediate Supervisor.
- Represents the program, and networks with other programs and organizations to build and enhance community partnerships.
- Assists in the preparation of reports such as Plan of Cares, Critical Incident Reports, Admission and Discharge Planning, and Medical log reports.
- Monitors and maintains program standards and practices.
- Supports open communication and teamwork within the program.
- Participates actively in supervision and Staff Meetings
- Although the primary focus is directly connected to the Foster Home, the FFSW may be deployed in education or community services.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must possess a degree/diploma in Child and Youth Work, or a related University Degree such as Child, Youth and Family Studies, Social Work or Social Services Worker. Other degrees/diplomas will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate applicable experience
- Has a thorough understanding of issues related to child and adolescent development, the impact of trauma on development, child and youth mental illness, and developmental disabilities.
- Experience in a related field working with a child/youth population.
- An understanding of what it means to be a trauma-informed agency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crisis management strategies.
- Knowledge of community resources/services and the ability to cultivate community partnerships.
- Ability to assist in the development and facilitation of activities that promote relationship building, and teach social, emotional and behavioural management skills.
- Flexible with an ability to easily adjust to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Submission of a Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening. Applicants who can provide this at the time of Interview will be given added consideration.
Salary and Benefits
The rate of pay for this position is $20.00/hour.
Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in a comprehensive benefits program after successful completion of the probationary period.
Satori Homes Inc. is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish a workplace that reflects and is enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
We thank all applicants in advance as only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour