Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding.
Battle River Insurance Ltd / The Co-operators, in Ponoka is looking for an Associate Insurance Advisor. Our Associate Insurance Advisors are insurance professionals trained in client service, sales and provide the highest level of service available anywhere in the industry. The Associate Insurance Advisor is a key player in the support and development of the Agency operation primarily through the service and sales of The Co-operators personal lines products (auto, home and travel insurance) and may provide support for additional product lines.
· General Insurance License is required and must be obtained within two (2) months – we pay for and provide the training
· Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses
· 1 year sales and service experience or related business experience is preferred
· Knowledge or experience with selling techniques is preferred
· Knowledge of auto and property insurance products is an asset
· Skilled in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making
· The candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office
· A valid driver’s license may be required
· The successful candidate will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
Roles & Responsibilities
· Service, sales and profitable growth of personal lines insurance products
· Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs
· Cross sell and prospect by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client
· Complete front line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines
· Identify households that would benefit from a Client Review, which may include on-site visits
· Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, productivity and quality
· Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately
· Provide administrative support including ordering supplies, completing bank deposits and maintaining office records
· Opportunity for career development including education opportunities and career planning
· Room to grow. Dependent on your strengths and interests there is ample room to advance within the company. Opportunities include servicing and selling any of our multitude of products including Commercial/Business Insurance, Farm Insurance, Investments, Life Insurance, Group Insurance, Disability, etc. We provide the training!
· A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, benefits program, and 3 weeks of vacation in your first full year of employment, time off for volunteering and generous rewards
· Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
· Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community and encourages you to be active in volunteer organizations
· An emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices
If you can relate to the following values, then you’ve found the perfect place to work:
“The reality is insurance doesn’t have to be complicated. We invest the time upfront to prepare our clients and industry partners so that everyone is fully prepared, knows exactly what will happen and when. We are a team of Advisors who constantly offer practical education about the actions our clients can take to reduce their losses. Using the phone, e-mails, articles, and social media, we are known as the insurer who provides advice on everything from Comprehensive Flood coverage to Wealth & Estate Planning. Even though it seems over the top to some, we are extremely organized and detailed. When the rubber hits the road, we expect our clients to have no surprises with the ultimate goal of being Financially Secure in all areas of Life.” – Greg Braat, Financial Advisor & Owner
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, send us a resume. If you would like to drop your resume off in person, please contact Greg Braat, Financial Advisor / Owner.
Application deadline: 2020-08-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent