The role of the Forge Program Director is to steer and to bring to life the vision of Leadership Development and Discipleship that makes up the Forge Program. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Forge Program Director shall be responsible for the development and administration of the Forge Program for every participant. This includes the formation and ethos of Apprentice and Intern leadership development.
Reports to: Executive Director
Internal Contacts: Director Team, Department Heads, Outdoor Education Coordinator, Forge Apprentices, Forge Interns, Food Service Staff, Administration Staff
External Contacts: Family and Support of Forge Participants, Outdoor Education and Rentals Guests, Volunteers
1. Have a mature, personal commitment to Jesus Christ, as evident in your daily life.
2. Agreement/support of Camp Arnes Mission Statement, Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
3. Ability to train and manage staff and volunteers in your department.
4. Ability to interact with guests, campers and staff in a professional manner.
5. Experience with and passion for working with children and youth.
6. A valid child abuse registry check and criminal record check.
7. Flexible with work hours as required to fulfill duties.
8. Openness to mentorship and growth.
9. Leadership and mentoring experience.
10. Conflict resolution skills.
11. Solid understanding of file keeping and organization.
12. Experienced user of spreadsheets (Excel) and familiar with word processing.
13. Must have average to above average written and oral communication skills relating to fellow staff and external contacts.
14. Problem solver.
15. Customer service skills.
16. Excellent organizational skills.
17. Team building skills.
18. Detail oriented.
19. Have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to timely and effective completion.
20. Creative, dynamic and engaging.
Specific Major Responsibilities
1. Ethos of Forge Ministry.
2. Overseeing Weekly Forge In-House nights and group suppers.
3. Oversee curriculum and teaching of weekly Bible study.
4. Address participant issues or corrections to their final resolution.
5. Supervise and implement the Leadership curriculum and education taught to all Forge Participants.
6. Monitor Forge budget.
7. In partnership with the Food Services Manager, ensure that all dietary needs of all Forge Participants are met. Ensuring that the Forge participants have the breakfast food they require and keeping track of what is used.
8. Forge Apprentice recruitment oversight and planning:
9. Out trip adventure component:
i. Canoe Trip
ii. Lake Trek
iii. Solo Retreat
10. Faith formation:
11. Intern Placement and Programing
12. Oversee the building of positive and supportive community culture in Forge by overseeing field trips and fun bonding experiences.
13. Human resources:
14. Leadership development:
1. Ensure the safety of yourself, other staff, volunteers and guests through safe work practices and in Camp activities.
2. Assist in secondary duties when needed in other areas of Camp.
3. Share your Christian life and character with guests as opportunities arise.
4. Promote an encouraging and fun environment.
5. Present yourself in a professional manner in appearance and attitude at all times.
6. Uphold all Camp Arnes policies and procedures.
7. Seek out work when daily jobs are done.
8. Do every task with the highest quality and standards in mind.
9. Contribute to the proper care and maintenance of equipment.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
1. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
2. Requires ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including rain, heat and cold.
3. Requires ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 kilograms.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent